Life Coach and author Louise Presley-Turner inspires you to take control of your clutter and spring clean your life.
Do you ever feel like you are at the mercy of your ‘to do’ list or ‘daily schedule’? As soon as you cross one thing off, another magically appears. Funny, that. There never seems to be enough hours in the day! In fact, I’m convinced time is actually speeding up – or is this just me getting older? Ok, it’s the latter, I know!
Now spring is upon us and as the earth comes back to life after its long cold winter slumber, it’s an opportune time to clear out the rubbish and clutter from your life – all those niggling jobs that have been sitting on your ‘to do’ list for months and months, the ones that you just never get around to doing. Time to get rid!
And, that’s exactly what I’ve been doing this month. I’m feeling rather proud, or should I say smug? I’ve actually had a ‘mini’ spring-clean and I thought it might be fun to share with you the top five things I’ve finally got around to sorting, in hope that it might give you a gentle kick up the bottom and inspire you to sort out your own rubbish.
- I fixed my shredder (actually my hubby did). It has been broken for the best part of 18 months, and I can’t tell you how many pieces of paper I’ve shredded with my bear hands over this time. Think of the paper cuts! It’s finally fixed and I can now shred again to my heart’s content.
- I hung up some photo frames that have been sitting on my landing since October last year.
- I sorted the mess under my daughter’s bed – don’t ask!
- I de-cluttered my kitchen cupboards – again, don’t ask!
- And finally, I chucked out three big bags of old unworn clothes and took them to the charity shop.
Feeling very pleased with myself. Fancy joining me in my smugness?
Time for action!
I want you to get a pen and paper and make a list of these 20 things that you are tolerating: People, circumstances or situations that are sapping your energy. Don’t worry how big or small these are – if they are draining your energy write them down. Now write 20 actions that will eliminate this list forever – from paying your bills by direct debit, employing a cleaner, having your grocery shopping delivered to ending a toxic relationship.
Here’s the important part . . .
Lists are wonderful and I’m a huge advocate, but they’re useless unless you cross things off them. Pin your list where you can’t miss it and make a concerted effort to cross at least one thing off it each week. The satisfaction you’ll feel will be well worth it and you will find you have loads more energy in the process! Happy spring-cleaning!
Louise Presley-Turner is a personal life coach, motivation speaker and author of ‘Finding a future that fits’. To find out more about how Louise can help you improve your life visitthegameoflife.co.uk, email email@example.com, or call 01746 71 61 51.