How to submit an article to WW!
People love to share their news with us – which means we receive hundreds of news stories and press releases each month. While it’s wonderful to be so popular, it’s difficult for us process everything with the time and resources we have available.
Providing our readers with a wide variety of local content is important to us… but we can only consider the inclusion of content that meets our criteria below:
• Please ensure your news story is concise. Most articles we publish are no more than 250 words.
• Please make sure you include all relevant details: names, dates, times, places, any costs, contact emails and phone numbers. We don’t have time to chase missing info.
• Make sure your story is written in the third person and not the first. For example: ‘A Bridgnorth firm has won a Queen’s Award’ NOT ‘We have won a Queen’s Award’. Only move into the first person in direct quotes, i.e. A spokesman said: “We are delighted to win this award.”
• Make your story stand out from the crowd! Include an image that ties in with the story. An eye-catching picture makes all the difference. A poor picture might not get used.
• When taking your picture, keep the composition as tight as possible. Make sure everyone is grouped together, smiling, and looking at the camera (although we appreciate this may not always be possible at the moment due to social distancing restrictions) If the story lends itself, introduce some action – presenting a prize, holding a prop, rehearsing a play. In such cases, it’s not always necessary to look directly at the camera. Reportage – i.e. doing something as though the camera is not there – can produce terrific photographs.
• Upload your photo as a jpg. We need high resolution images – a minimum 300 dpi; (As a general rule if you send it straight from your camera or phone and don’t reduce the size, it should be fine)
• Don’t forget to include names/captions for every image. Photos without captions may not be used.
If you would like to discuss a feature or advert for your business or event, please contact Leanne:
so we can support you!
Keep up to date by following WW! on Twitter or on Facebook and remember, we #supportlocal, so we thrive on sharing your Tweets and posts and we appreciate any shares, RTs and likes from you!..